Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Northern Harrier at Harrison Hills Park


This is a photo of a Northern Harrier taken by Steve Gosser at Harrison Hills Park. This is his explanation:

I found out through Paul Hess that this was the first recorded sighting of a Northern Harrier in the park. He informed me this made 183 different species now seen in the park, that’s a pretty impressive number for any park in western Pa! I was walking down the road that goes past the learning center and was almost to the end where it opens up into that large field when I spotted the Harrier. It circled around for a while and then came right over me and headed back down the road towards the learning center when I lost sight of it. It appeared to be an adult female. Too bad it wasn’t flying closer to the ground, or I could’ve possibly got a better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment